Substantial Impairment by Abnormality of the Mind– A Partial Defence to Murder In Regina v Malcolm Robert Potts, a 33 year old NSW man with schizophrenia stabbed his father to death with a knife in…
Mistaken Identity and Being Charged for a Crime You Didn’t Commit There are plenty of legendary stories about mistaken identities, from celebrity mix-ups to the return of long-lost relatives. Take for instance the identity mix-up…
Our Principal, Adam Ly, appeared on Channel 7 News to provide his opinion on whether the requirement that road tolls be paid was unconstitutional. Bob Jervis of Queenland argues that the imposition of toll charges…
The Sex Abuse Scandal of the Catholic Church – Are clergy above the law? Earlier this year, a high level Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse found that 7% of Australian priests belonging…
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Browse by Category
- How Prevalent is Drug Use in Minors – Should Parents be held Responsible?
- Appealing a Decision of the Local Court: What to do when the Magistrate Gets It Wrong
- What to Do If You Are Charged with a Serious Criminal Offence
- The Age of Criminal Responsibility in Australia
- The Crime of Cyber-bullying in Australia