Considerations for Defendants Suffering from Mental Conditions Under section 32 of the Mental Health (Forensic Provisions) Act 1990 (NSW), an accused whom the court deems as a sufferer of a mental condition or a mental…
It is an unfortunate situation when you find yourself locked up in a paddy wagon and being sent to the police station. There are many things that you must remember if you have been arrested….
The cost of jailing someone in Australia – Money well spent? In 2013 – 2014, the prison system cost Australia $2.6 billion. This works out to about $100,000 per year per inmate. The Productivity Commission…
Understand The Meaning of ‘Section 10’ Have you been accused of a crime and fear that a conviction will drastically impact your life? Section 10 enables the court to find you guilty without recording a…
The NSW and Australian Crime Commission: Over-reaching Power? Organised crime takes a serious toll on society with its effects being felt everywhere. In the National Organized Crime Response Plan 2015-2018, the Australian Crime Commission estimates…
Australia Leads the World in Illicit Drug Use We hear daily about the number of “successful drug busts” made by our Police and Border Protection Authorities. Drug use in Australia, however, seems to increase every…
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Browse by Category
- Prostitution in Australia- Where is it Legal?
- Sentence of 2 years 3 months Non-Parole for shooting Step-mother in face 3 times with Nail Gun – Originally charged with Attempted Murder
- 2019 Crime Statistics in Australia
- Channel 7 News – Complex Murder Charge Case Reduced to Manslaughter
- The Serious Overseas Criminal Matters Scheme (SOCMS)- Funding for Accused Charged Overseas