Stealthing: Is removing a condom whilst having sex considered rape? Up until May 2017 there was no legal precedent in Australia criminalising the act of taking off a condom during sexual intercourse. However, since then…
The Sex Abuse Scandal of the Catholic Church – Are clergy above the law? Earlier this year, a high level Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse found that 7% of Australian priests belonging…
Australia Cracking Down on Pedophiles Who Travel Abroad There are 3,200 registered pedophiles in Australia. In an announcement in May, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop reported that of the 800 registered child sex offenders who travelled…
Sexual assault – can you give consent when you are drunk or high? According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics sexual assault against females is on the rise. From 2014 to 2015 the amount of…
Revenge Porn in Australia – What are the penalties? You are in a caring relationship with someone until one day that relationship turns sour. Those intimate videos taken of you just for fun are now…
Should more be done to counsel paedophiles who seek treatment for their “addictions?” In 2011 one of New South Wales’s worst paedophiles, Andrew Dean McIntosh, was sentenced to 32 years for 20 charges of sexual…
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Browse by Category
- Prostitution in Australia- Where is it Legal?
- Sentence of 2 years 3 months Non-Parole for shooting Step-mother in face 3 times with Nail Gun – Originally charged with Attempted Murder
- 2019 Crime Statistics in Australia
- Channel 7 News – Complex Murder Charge Case Reduced to Manslaughter
- The Serious Overseas Criminal Matters Scheme (SOCMS)- Funding for Accused Charged Overseas