Substantial Impairment by Abnormality of the Mind– A Partial Defence to Murder In Regina v Malcolm Robert Potts, a 33 year old NSW man with schizophrenia stabbed his father to death with a knife in…
Mistaken Identity and Being Charged for a Crime You Didn’t Commit There are plenty of legendary stories about mistaken identities, from celebrity mix-ups to the return of long-lost relatives. Take for instance the identity mix-up…
Fake domestic violence claims – what are your rights? Daily, in Courts all over Australia, we see domestic violence charges withdrawn or dismissed due to the unreliability of alleged victims. A 40 year old Sydney…
11 Weird but True Australian Laws You Will Never Believe Ride up to your local pub on a horse and do you know the pub owner would have to stable, water and feed your horse…
Concealing A Serious Offence: When Not reporting a Crime Could Land you in Gaol You have witnessed a serious offence like a robbery or a sexual assault. Should you report it to police or can…
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Browse by Category
- How Prevalent is Drug Use in Minors – Should Parents be held Responsible?
- Appealing a Decision of the Local Court: What to do when the Magistrate Gets It Wrong
- What to Do If You Are Charged with a Serious Criminal Offence
- The Age of Criminal Responsibility in Australia
- The Crime of Cyber-bullying in Australia